Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Boring

We learned a fascinating bit of information last week. My blood type will be changing from my own original type, O+, to my donor's type. Also, my blood DNA will be different than the rest of my body, and yes, it's already been the basis of a CSI story, I'm told.

Yes, things have been a little boring here, just as the nurse says they want, because it means I'm not having problems. The doctors are trying to find something wrong with me, but no luck so far. In fact, the nurse said everyone is quite pleased that my platelet count bounced right back without ever going into danger mode, saying that I was their poster child for that issue. Fine with me!

I have to put in an extra "Thanks!" here, to Gene for working hard on his book report today! That's a very smart kid there!

Highlights of the last week: A walk to the Olympic Sculpture Park which is quite expansive and well done, a walk to the Azteca restaurant nearby which has always been a favorite, and that famous warm Springtime in Seattle weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very mysterious...changing blood type. I just read an article about some enzyme that's been discovered that changes all donated blood types to universal donor "O", making the Red Cross pretty happy. As a O- type, I've been a popular donor!

It's good to hear you've become the poster child for all good things...keep up the good work Gary.

Continue to take care! ~Lane