Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good friends

Last week my friend Chuck came to stay with me, which was very much appreciated. It's a good friend that will stay with you when you are sick. That worked out really well, so that Marilyn and Gene could go on spring break.

This spring break brought back memories of last year's, where I was delayed because I was starting a new chemotherapy after learning that I had relapsed. I'm glad they got to go, but I'll be there next year!

I haven't seen all the results of my bone marrow biopsy last week, but one thing stands out and I'm trying to adjust to it. It said that my bone marrow cells are 94% donor, which is amazing to me. I thought it would be more gradual, and I haven't had a chance to ask for a clarification of that test result. I was told the cancer in the marrow was less than "minimal residual disease", the result I got in Februrary, which is great.

Lastly, I think of my young donor, possibly on campus somewhere, and hope he's safe. I don't know when the madness will end, but we have to keep trying.

No comments: