Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Best ever

I had a phrase I said a lot when our son Gene was a baby, "best baby ever." In remembering that, I thought when I came to Seattle that I would try to be the "best patient ever." Positive messages are good, although not a panacea, or else I wouldn't have gotten cancer to begin with, since my motto was always, "I don't get sick."

So it was without too much surprise to find out this week some evidence of how well I am doing. My red and white blood cell counts have started going back up! There's also evidence that my other major organs are doing fine, too. That means I'm recovering from the chemotherapy and radiation, in what the doctors say is in better than average time.

That's all good, but I have a lot of watchful waiting left to go. There are a few minor issues, I'm often tired and the medications aren't the most pleasant. But if I can continue to be the good patient and take my medications on schedule, eat well, and stay active, I expect to continue to do well.

The main highlight this week was another visit from Gene, and from Marilyn's sister. We had a very nice delayed birthday celebration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lane here!

Good to hear your report. I doubt that you'll be anything but THE BEST EVER PATIENT!

Glad you had a good belated birthday party...good company around is always a good thing!

Take care,
Lane

Anonymous said...

Hey it's great to hear that things are looking up. Please continue to be the good patient (I know you will). Remember that you have an advantage over illness. You are a Burlingame. Stay strong and please congratulate Gene for me.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.