Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New test results

Last week was day 56, time for another bone marrow aspiration. There was nothing alarming in the results, still a tiny bit of cancer, but it looks to me like the report says that there is less than 4 weeks ago. All good news, so far. My weight is pretty stable now, and we're working on taking me off the IV fluids, which will be very nice.

Saturday we took a long walk to Fremont, to Costas Opa Greek Restaurant, which was real good. My feet were a little tired by the time we got back, but the butterscotch milkshake helped a lot!

Sunday was a wonderful Mother's Day at the Skate Barn in Renton, I mean, it was really great to see Gene for the day. Marilyn went to Ikea while I waited at the Skate Barn. Gene asked when Marilyn was going to get back, and I said, "When she runs out of money." I guess we all got a little bit of what we wanted, that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another aspiration? How many have they done? I know they hurt REALLY bad.

Renton? Where is that? I think that's where my Dad's bio-mom settled down (mending fences after years apart). We visited her in 1979, Washington State sure is beautiful!

Butterscotch? My Mom gave me a funny look after I had one of those once. She just didn't understand.

Saturndude

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OK, I wouldn't go out of my way to have a bone marrow aspiration, but it's not so bad. By now I know what's coming when they say, "Take a deep breath." Four weeks ago he tried to get a bone biopsy too, and I yelped a bit too much, so he stopped and didn't get one. Didn't seem to matter, though.

Renton is at the south end of Lake Washington, really close to Seattle. Washington's beautiful, but don't tell anyone! You sure put in a lot of intrigue in just a few words, bio-mom, mending fences, years apart.

Hey, I thought of you today, when I got a hvac advertisement in the mail.

Gary