Wednesday, March 14, 2007

State Champs!


The Pee Wee Warriors won the state championship in the Tier II A division!

Gene is the star goalie in the lower right, with the white pads.

Congratulations to the whole team, and many thanks for a lot of work to the coaches, managers, and parent volunteers! Especially those that helped get Gene to games and practices when we couldn't.

For the hockey fans out there, a little more detail is probably in order. In the tournament, there were 2 divisions, and Gene's team placed 1st in their division, beating opponents 6-1, 4-1, and 7-1. In the first playoff game they won 5-2. The final was a nail-biter, with the other team scoring first and our team catching up, twice, before Gene's team pulled ahead and won 3-2.

What else is there to say? For me, conditioning has started, and everything is on schedule. Yes, I am having minor symptoms from the conditioning chemotherapy, but not bad. I should be able to work nearly a full day tomorrow, but it will be day by day after that.

I'm so glad for your comments and emails. It helps a lot to help me remember, as a good friend recently said, "More people are hoping and praying for you than you know." Likewise, I'm wishing the best for more of you than you know, as I know I'm not the only one with health challenges. As Gene's goalie coach told me, "Fight Hard!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gene and family and team! Good luck with the treatment Gary. Thanks for continuing to help me out with work stuff when I need it.